In an article in USA Today, it was reported that most daily deal buyers are unhappy with the service they receive due to the high amount of sales volume by the business offering the daily deal.
As you know, the business running the daily deal is typically looking for some quick cash to jump-start business or perhaps prevent closure of the business all-together. So they decide to run an "unbelievable deal" slashing prices anywhere from 50-80% off which means they are losing money!
In the meantime, hundreds of people looking for a deal purchase these packages at unbelievable prices. Then the problems start:
1) trying to schedule an appointment becomes a nightmare
2) in an effort to meet high demand, clients become a just a number and customer service deteriorates
3) lots of pressure on the staff to work faster and harder leading to
4) increase in number of errors (burns and scarring with lasers)
5) pressure to "up-sell"; trying to get clients to purchase more service to make up for giving away services
Some companies have actually taken people's money and closed their doors leaving people stranded. That is why Groupon has started withholding payments to the business for several months.
You may be saving some money, but you are taking a huge risk in the process. Our advice: be wary of businesses offering daily deals. Will the business will be around? Also, be sure to read the "fine-print" in the deals, as there is often some sort of catch. And ask yourself, why is this company losing money just to get me in the door?! How are they going to "get me" in the future for the cheap service they are providing now?
At Pristine Laser Center, we do not offer any daily deals, no gimmicks, no "nickel-and-diming" of clients, just everyday great service at great prices. We urge you to come in and see for yourself and experience the "Pristine Advantage". Call 407-494-0404 today to schedule your appointment.